List of Five Cricketers that Deserve a Better Sold Price in the 2021 IPL Auction
February 18 2021 was the day of the 2021 IPL Auction. It was an entertaining event as some players engaged in a nerve racking bidding wars. The excitement of whether top players will be sold or unsold on the auction is something that players and crickets enthusiast alike awaits. There were 57 players bought 22 of which are overseas stars.
There are some players that was bought for higher prices and some of them can be argued that got more than what they are worth and some players ended being bought lesser that what they deserved.
Here we make a list of of five players who we think deserved to be sold with better prices.
- David Mallan. The biggest surprise of the IPL 2021 is that this man only got one bid. He was bought for his based price of Rs. 1.5 crore by the Punjab Kings. He is no doubt one of the steals of the auction and the franchise could add to their already powerful batting team line with a minimum cost. The Englishman has scored 6117 runs in 233 T20’s at a strike-rate of 128.61 and averages 33.24. With as 855 runs in 19 games at the strike rate of nearly 150, he was the number one ranked T20I batsman in the world. He was expected to be bought for a pretty decent amount but it did not happen on the day of the auction.
- Shakib Al Hassan. Due to his one year suspension, he missed the last year’s edition and now back to this year’s IPL auction. He was bought for Rs 3.2 crore by the Kolkata Knight Riders whom he won two IPL titles with. He scored 5080 runs in 317 T20s and picked up 360 wickets while conceding at less than seven. A consistent performer with the bat and is economical with the ball in hand and also picking up crucial wickets. He is one of the best all rounders of the game, a 3.02 crore though not a very small amount but considered as a bargain. He will provide them with a good value for their money with his ability to bat anywhere and even bowl at various stages of the game.
- Steven Smith. Ahead of the new IPL season he was released by the Rajasthan Royals. Everyone is expected him to be bought in a higher amount considering his reputation of the game. Despite of all that, the Delhi Capitals bought him in a relatively small amount of Rs.2.2 crore. The capitals made the second and final bid after the RCN bid for him first. He scored 4438 runs in 209 T20s with the average of 30.6 and a strike rate of 126.4 which for someone who predominantly plays the anchor it was decent. Smith might find himself initially on the bench since the team has players that have similar role as him in Ajinkya Rahane and Shreyas Lyer.
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman. He has established himself in variousT20 league all over the world as this considered to be one of many mystery spinners to have emerged from Afghanistan. The Sunrisers Hyderabad bought the former KXIP bowler for his based price of Rs. 1.5 crore. He had a good form in the BBL also with the fact that he was the best spinners available should have get him more bids but the outcome was different. With 132 games in the T20 he picked up 145 wickets with a strike rate of 20.6 and has and economy rate of 664. He could be a good back up for Rashid Khan and can bowl in any stage of the game.
- Fabien Allen. Last season the Jamaican cricketer was bought by SRH but did not play a single game and was released ahead of the 2021 auction. With his useful bowling, outstanding fielding efforts and with his aggressive batting making him the perfect T20 player. He scored 449 runs in 32 T20s at a strike rate of 159.21 and picked up 17 wickets while conceding runs at 7.85. For Rs.75 lakhs he was picked by Punjab Kings and the essential replacement for Glenn Maxwell.
These players did not received in our opinion what they truly deserve but we wish them all the best in this years Indian Premier League. We hope these cricketers will prove their worth and maybe make the other teams who did not bid for them regret their decision. We hope to see everyone give their one hundred and fifty percent for the love of the game. Good luck to all the participating teams and players, cheers to a fun and hopefully a free injury league.
The game’s avid fan might be looking for place to wage their bet in case they want to add excitement to the already fun of the sports. There are tons of sports betting website that might just click with your taste. Enjoy watching the games and betting.