The Most Popular Cricketers of All Time
Wondering who are the most popular player in the world of Cricket. As the IPL 2021 getting nearer, here we listed Cricket players that are famous in all formats of cricket Test, ODI, and T20 in all different skills of the sport.
- Shahid Khan Afridi. A famous Pakistani player best known as Boom Boom. He hit the longest ever six in the history of ODI’s against Australia. Known for his aggressive batting style, he holds the record for the fastest ODI century just on 37 balls and scoring 32 runs in a single over. He hold the record of maximum sixes and the largest six in ODI. He has a Maximum ‘Man of The Match’ and the second highest wicket takers in T20 cricket.
- Sachin Tendulkar. A leading run scorer and century maker in Test on one day international cricket. Little Master Tendulkar an Indian cricketer widely considered to be one of the greatest batsmen of all time. He was the first player to score a double century ODI matches.
- Wasim Akram. This King of Swing Pakistani player is regarded as the greatest fast bowlers in cricket history. He hold the record for most wickets in List A cricket with 881. The first bowler to reach the 500 wicket ODI wicket in cricket. In 2020 he was ranked as the best bowler in ODI of all time. Considered to be the best Team Captain, he won 17 Man of the Match awards in 104 tests and 22 in ODI’s. He took 4 hat tricks in international cricket ,and hit 12 sixes in that most by anyone in a test innings.
- M S Dhoni. The most famous and successful captain of the Indian National Cricket team in all three forms of the game and the Chennai Super Kings cricket team. Mahendra Singh Dhoni led the Indian team to the number one position in ICC rankings in Test cricket for the first time. India won the 2007 ICC World Twenty20 him being the team captain. He was the the first Indian player who achieve the ICC ODI Player of the year award in 2008 and 2009. He was listed in the The Time Magazine in its Time 100 most influential people of 2011. He received awards such as the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna and the Padma Shri, and as well as the fourth highest civilian honour in 2009. He was the 16th most remarkable athlete in the world rated by SportsPro.
- Brian Lara. Also known as The Prince Of Port of Spain or just simply The Prince is this West Indian international cricket player. He topped the Test batting rankings on several occasions and hold several cricketing records. Generally regarded as one of the greatest batsmen of all time. He holds the record of the highest individual score in a test innings after scoring 400 not out against England at Antigua in 2004.
- Chris Gayle. A cool West Indies cricketer known for his huge and maximum sixes. He fuelled West Indies total of 205 against Australia in the ICC T20 World Cup semifinal 1 which was the highest total of the tournament. He was one of the four players who have scored two triple centuries at Test level : 317 against South Africa in the year 2005, against Sri Lanka with 333 in 2010.
- Virat Kohli. One of the most popular cricketers and currently the Indian national team’s team captain. He holds the world’s records in the T20I such as fastest batsman with 1,000 runs, most run in a calendar year and the most fifties in this format. He also holds the fastest ODI century, fastest batsman to 5,000 ODI runs and the fastest to 10 ODI centuries. The most runs in a single tournament of both World Twenty20 was under his name.
8.Shoain Akhtar. Populary known as to be the one of the best fastest and most feared bowlers in the history of international cricket. This Pakistan legend with the nickname of Pindi Express, Tiger, and The Terrarest of Cricket captures eight wickets in the Asian test championship match at Calcutta, India. In this match he clean bold Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar at successive deliveries. The irony is it was the first ball he ever bowled to Sachin Tendulkar. Known as one of only three bowlers to have ever broken the 100 mph barrier in cricket history, with a delivery of 101.3 mph, during the 2003 Word Cup against England and till this date, it is the fastest delivery in the records.
9. Muralithanran. Rated as the greatest Test match bowler is this Sri Lankan cricketer Muttiah Muralitharan. He recorded the very first wrist spinning off spinner. He is the highest wickets takers in Test and ODI cricket. He was the only player that took 10 wickets in a Test for four consecutive matches. And took 50 or more wickets against every Test playing nation. He took 800 in test and 534 wickets in ODI cricket.
10Brett Lee. Lee was known as the second fastest bowler in the sport following Shoaib Akhtar. An athletic fielder and useful lower-order batsman with a batting average exceeding 20 in Test cricket. The former Australian widely known as ‘Binga’ has held record for the highest 7th wicket partnership for Australia in ODI since 2005-06 with 123 together with Mike Hussey.