Cricket is a bat-and-ball game played between two teams of eleven players on a field at the centre of which is a 20 metre pitch with a wicket at each end, each comprising two bails balanced on three stumps. One team is batting, tries to score runs, while the other team is fielding tries to prevent this.
When ten batters have been dismissed, the innings ends and the teams swap roles.
Cricket is a very versatile game and has been opted in different formats and popular ones are One Day International (ODI) and T20. In India, it is played in the gullies of Indian cities with the most memorable of bats and balls.
Who invented Cricket?
Cricket was probably created during Saxon and Norman times by children living in Weald. The first definite reference is dated Monday, 17 January 1597.
When cricket started in India?
It was introduced to India by the British sailors in the 18th century, and the first cricket club was established in 1792. A touring team led by the English gentleman cricketer Lord Hawke played a match against the “All India” team in January 1893.
india played its first Test victory, against England in Madras (now Chennai). The game developed so fast in India. With the growth of Indian Premier League in the early 21st century, it became the undisputed home of T20 cricket and the financial hub of the international game, though the popularity of Test Cricket has declined dramatically in India. India’s prominence in one-day cricket was further confirmed when it won the Cricket World Cup in 2011.
Who started cricket in India?
The British brought cricket to India in the early 1700’s, with the first cricket match played in 1721. The Parsi community in Bombay formed the Oriental Cricket Club, the first cricket club to be established by Indians. The Europeans eventually invited the Paris to play a match in 1877.
Who is the father of cricket in India?
Name: Ranjitsinhji Vibhaji II
Born: September 10, 1872 at Sadodar, Kathiawar, British India
Died: April 2, 1933 at Jamnagar Palace, Nawanagar State, British India
Alma Mater: Cambridge University
– Ranji has widely been regarded a one of the greatest batsmen of all time. He is described as “ The Midsummer Night’s Dream of Cricket”. Ranji took advantage of the improving quality of pitches in his era and played more on the back foot, both in defence and attack. The “Ranji Trophy” was named in his honour and inaugurated in 1935 by the “Maharaja Bhupinder Singh” of Patiala.
He was later Chancellor of Indian Chamber of Princes, and represented India at the League of Nations. His official title was Colonel H. H. Shri , Sir Ranjitsinhji Vibhaji II, Jam Saheb of Nawanagar, Knight Grand Commander (GCSI).
Who is the first cricket player in India?
Name: Lala Amarnath Bharadwaj
Born: September 11, 1911 at Gopipur, Kapurthala State, Punjab, India
Died: August 5, 2000 (aged 88) at New Delhi, Delhi, India
He was the first batsman ever to score a century for India in Test Cricket.
-He was independent India’s first cricket captain and captained India in the first Test series win against Pakistan in 1952.
Lala Amarnath was the captain of the Indian team that toured in Australia in 1947-1948. He was complimented for being straightforward and aggressive, and possessing tactical acumen. Under his leadership, India won its first ever Test against Pakistan in Delhi 1952, and went to win the series 2-1. Amarnath also managed the team when it toured Pakistan in 1945-1955.
Why is cricket so popular in India?
For cricket, Indians have the strength and physical fitness or attributes that allow the, to pay sport competitively. The popularity of cricket in India simply means that it could be easily translated into money. Cricket, in nature, is just really a simple sport.
What are cricketers?
Cricketers are persons who play cricket. Cricketers are not only seen as the players but also they are believed to be the nation’s heroes.
Some of the famous cricketers of India are:
1. Ravishankar Jayadritha Shastri– he started his career in the sports as a bowler but later he turned into a battling all rounder.
2. Kapil Dev– he has a record in his name for the greatest number of Wickets taken.
3. Rahul Dravid– he is known as a great batsmen and popularly called as “The Wall” as regarded as the greatest cricketer.
4. Sourav Ganguly– aka “Dada” -he was considered as one of the leading batsmen and also one of the greatest captain s of cricket team.
5. Anil Kumble- he is a right arm bowler and has taken 619 wickets in Test cricket and also remains the 3rd highest wicket taker of all times.
6. Zaheer Khan– he was the 2nd best Indian pace bowler in Test cricket. He was famous for his hostile seam and pace bowling and especially his perfect yorkers.
7. Harbhajan Singh– commonly known as “Bhajji”- he is a specialist spin bowler. He has the 2nd highest number of Test wickets and the first bowler to take a hat trick in Test cricket.
8. Yuvraj Singh– he was the “Man of the match” for the tournament of 2011 World Cup-ICC Cricket. He’s also oner of the top performers at the 2007 T20.
9. MS Dhoni– also known as “Mahi”- he is widely famous for his shot-helicopter and he is also considered as one of the best finisher.
10. Virat Kohli– he is regarded as one of the best cricket players. His record list includes the fastest century by any Indian cricketer in One Day Internationals.
How cricket betting works in India?
As a player from India, you will want to learn how online gambling works before you choose any site online. Due to the current laws in India, there are no online casinos can allowed to operate in the country and no company can promote an online casino. But, this doesn’t mean that Indian players are out luck. There are no laws that prohibit players from accessing any offshore casinos or betting sites to engage in real money wagering.
Many of the largest casino operators in the world now accept Indian players and allow transactions to be conducted in Rupees.
If you want to bet online and play casino games or wager on cricket or other sports, licensed and regulated online casinos operating offshore are available. One of this casino is Whatsbet, they cater to the needs of Indian bettors and provide a safe and secure environment where real money wager can be placed.